Terms and Conditions for Gymboree's Factories
Gymboree is all about celebrating childhood. We're passionate about supporting the development of happy, healthy kids and this is at the heart of everything we do.
We uphold requirements for all of our factories in order to do business with us. These factories are audited on a regular basis to ensure their compliance with our terms, which include the prohibition of child labor or forced labor, treating workers with respect and without discrimination, and ensuring fair wages and a safe work environment. We prohibit the use of cotton sourced from Uzbekistan and textiles produced using Uzbekistan cotton because of Uzbekistan's history of forced child labor.
We are committed to making a difference inside and outside of our company, and this begins with giving kids a chance to be kids and producing quality products that make us proud.
To learn more about Gymboree's requirements for suppliers and factories, the following summarizes our Terms & Conditions:
The Gymboree Corporation is committed to sourcing its products in compliance with applicable laws. While Gymboree understands that there are many different legal and cultural differences in factories which operate throughout the world, Gymboree establishes minimum requirements for all of its factories in order to do business with Gymboree. Gymboree regularly audits the factories to ensure their compliance with the law and the minimum requirements listed below.
1. Compliance with the Law: All of Gymboree's factories shall operate in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, those related to labor, worker health, safety and environment.
2. Child labor: Gymboree factories shall not employ any children. The term "child" means a person who is less than 15 years old or younger than the age for completing compulsory education in the country of manufacture where such age is higher than 15. Factories are encouraged to develop lawful workplace apprenticeship programs whenever possible for the educational benefit of their workers, provided that all participants meet both our minimum age standard of 15 and minimum legal age requirements. Gymboree prohibits the use of cotton sourced from Uzbekistan and textiles produced using Uzbekistan cotton because of Uzbekistan's history of forced child labor.
3. Forced or prison labor: Gymboree's factories shall not use any forced, prison or indentured labor in the manufacture and finishing of our products. Furthermore, Gymboree does not tolerate the use of corporal punishment.
4. Non-discrimination: Gymboree requires that all of our factories employ workers on the basis of their ability to do the job, without regard to their personal characteristics or beliefs. Gymboree recognizes and respects cultural differences from country to country and will favor those factories that are sensitive to these differences.
5. Wages, benefits and hours: Gymboree requires its factories to set working hours, wages and overtime pay in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. All workers shall be paid at least the minimum legal wage or a wage that meets local industry standards, whichever is greater. While Gymboree favors factories who utilize less than sixty hour work weeks, it is understood that overtime is often required in garment production. Therefore, Gymboree requires its factories to operate in ways that limit overtime to a level that ensures humane and productive working conditions.
6. Working conditions: Gymboree expects all of its factories to treat all workers with respect and dignity and not to exploit them in any way. Gymboree also expects all of its factories to provide their workers with a safe and healthy work environment.
7. Monitoring, evaluation and enforcement: As a condition of doing business with Gymboree, each and every factory must comply with these Terms and Conditions. Gymboree has systems in place to assess and monitor compliance. If Gymboree has determined that any factory has violated any of these Terms and Conditions, we will either terminate our business relationship with that factory or require the factory to implement a corrective action plan. If corrective action is advised but not taken by a particular factory, Gymboree will suspend placement of future orders and may terminate current production at that factory.
Information in Response to the California Transparency Act.