1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON NUMBER OF ENTRIES. SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Eligibility: Participation in the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who have reached the age of majority by August 22, 2014. Employees, officers & directors of The Gymboree Corporation (“Sponsor”), Gymboree Play & Music franchises, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate families or members of the same household of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is void in Canada, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, and where prohibited by law.
3. Sweepstakes dates: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on August 22, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on September 4, 2014.
4. Prize: Grand Prize: Three (3) Grand Prize winners will be drawn randomly from the pool of eligible entries. The Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) $250.00 Gymboree Gift Card, collection of books by Eric Carle and a limited edition Eric Carle autographed print. Gift cards are redeemable at www.gymboree.com or in United States Gymboree stores, but NOT at Gymboree Play & Music locations or in Canadian Gymboree stores.
Total retail value of the prizes: $275.00. No prize substitution is allowed by winner. The prize is nontransferable and will be subject to the Sponsor’s policies regarding gift cards/certificates. The prize is provided "AS IS" and without any warranty of any kind. Limit one prize per household/family.
5. There is only one (1) way to enter: Log onto www.gymboree.com, click the link to the World of Eric Carle Sweepstakes, enter your first and last names and valid email address and press the submit button between 12:01 a.m. ET on August 22 and 11:59 p.m. ET on September 4, 2014.
Only one entry per person and per email address regardless of method of entry. In case of dispute as to identity of participant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted.
All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Delivery of prize requires a street address. Sponsor is not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failure or any kind of lost, late, incomplete, mutilated, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected entries, all of which will be disqualified. Facsimiles, mechanical reproductions, alterations or forged entries will not be accepted. Only completed entry forms with valid email addresses are eligible and all ineligible entries will be disqualified.
6. Drawing: Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Gymboree (or its designee), on or about September 15, 2014. After selecting the winner, Gymboree (or its designee) will select two back up winners and place the entry forms in a sealed envelope. In the event that the first entry form selected is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, or if the person who submitted the first entry form does not respond to the notification that they won as described in paragraph 7 below, Gymboree (or its designee) will randomly select a winner from the back up winner names, who shall be subject to the same rules and conditions set forth herein. All decisions of Gymboree (or its designee) are final and binding.
7. Notification: Winners will be notified by email on or about September 15, 2014. If unable to make contact with the winner within fifteen (15) days after Sponsor first attempts to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to claim the prize, Sponsor will select a back up winner in accordance with the above. Likewise, if the original winner is ineligible or fails to timely return the signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Releases, or in the event of non-compliance with any other requirements of this Sweepstakes, the winner shall forfeit the prize in its entirety, and Sponsor shall award the prize to an alternate winner selected in accordance with the above.
8. Conditions: All taxes and other expenses associated with the receipt or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s permission for the Sponsor to use his/her name, hometown city and state, likeness, biographical information and any statements made by participant regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for editorial, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
9. Additional Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Sponsor’s website. Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law.
10. Winners List or a copy of the Official Rules: To obtain name of prizewinner or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2014 to: Gymboree and the World of Eric Carle Sweepstakes 2014, The Gymboree Corporation, 500 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105.
11. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Gymboree Corporation, 500 Howard Street San Francisco, CA 94105.
12. The agreement contained in these Official Rules is governed by the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to conflicts of laws rules.